To the discussion post:
Original Air Date: April 14, 2009
Glyphs code: PETER (source: Fringepedia)
Olivia: Walter, have you got any idea what kind of animal would be in a lab that could do this?
Walter: Well, judging by the wounds, I'd say two or three different ones, actually.
Peter: Right, a motley crew of lab animals got together and decided to exact their revenge on mankind.
Walter: The spread of the digits, V-shaped. It's too wide for one of those creatures. Configuration closer to that of an eagle. Of course much, much larger.
Peter: Hey, we're looking for Big Bird.
Walter: Don't be ridiculous. Perhaps a pterodactyl.
Peter: It's an omelet.
Walter: It's not an omelet!
Peter: Oh, my...ugh! Walter, why is there an ear in the omelet?
Walter: It was an experiment. It was a protein-rich incubator. It was growing.
Peter: It was growing? That's perfect.
Walter: No, it's not perfect. You just ruined it.
Astrid: So this thing has the claws of a lion and the fangs of a snake?
Walter: It reminds me of a woman I once knew in Cleveland.
Peter: Walter, these punctures are over four inches apart. And that would make this snake eight-feet long.
Walter: Her name was Harriet something.
Olivia: How is everything?
Peter: Well, apparently you're looking for a lion-snake named Harriet.
1) The glyph for this episode is “Peter.” (just like Ability’s was “Olivia” and Inner Child was “Walter”) Why do you think his name is the glyph for this episode? What does this episode tell us about his character?
2) We get to see more of Charlie and his life in this episode. What do you think of that storyline and his character in general? What does he add to the show?
3) What did you think of Walter taking the poison and going after the hybrid monster? Was he merely being reckless or insane or actually taking responsibility for the actions of him and his colleagues?
4) In this episode, we see Olivia interacting with Ella and Rachel and then Charlie interacting with his wife. What do you think of the way the show juxtaposes the “normal” family life with the strange and unusual events that the Fringe team encounters?
5) What is your favorite funny moment in the episode?
Share your thoughts, favourite quotes, screencaps and theories! Recommend fanfic, fanart, reviews, meta and other fanworks in the comments (and yes, you can even recommend your own fanworks, if you want)...